Friday, April 18, 2008

I got a Call

Just before departing to the City, I received a Call.
It was a long time I wasn't Summoned by a mortal sorcerer or any other creature.
People of these times lack skills and perseverance to learn the right Words and Rites.
On the good side, it lets more time to mind my own Business. You can't know how it can become boring to be Called by wannabe world masters who ask silly questions about Life, the Universe and Everything.

This one wanted to know the secret of Eternal Life.
If I had more time I would have given some double-axe spell, and watch him handle the trouble.
But I was in a hurry, eager to enter my new Capital.

Evidently, he had misspelled the Words of Binding, or forgotten to set his Protections rightly.
I didn't kill him. He will not live forever, but won't die soon enough for his comfort.
When I left him, he even had all his mind, and enough of his body to survive.
But not much more.

For what I know of the human society, his peers won't let him die nor ease his pains deliberately. Even if he begs them.
Great human laws full of fairness, goodness, pity, and Justice for All!

Anyway, I'm now about to leave this Forest in which I came back to life in this world.

A new life begins, among humans, throngs of them.

Hail Civilization! Your days are counted!

No comments: